On Tuesday, September 29, 2020, Marshall Schnapp contributed to a panel discussion on Mastering the Mediation via webinar. Marshall and peers discussed the following topics:
- How to set up an ethical framework for your mediation, including your ethical and professional duties as counsel.
- When should you use an opening statement and what should it contain?
- Identifying and managing interests and positions.
- Negotiation techniques, including anchoring and strategic pacing of bids.
- Effectively using the mediator.
- The ins and outs of caucusing.
- How to handle impasse, bad behaviour and fatigue.
- When is it time to terminate the mediation?
This panel discussion was part of the OBA’s Alternative Dispute Resolution / Young Lawyers Division Program. To access the full program agenda, visit: https://www.oba.org/CBAMediaLibrary/cba_on/pdf/PD/2020/ON20ADR0929X.pdf.
This event was accredited for EDI professionalism hours (0h:15m), professionalism hours (0h:15m) and substantive hours (3h:30m).
For more information visit the event website: https://www.cbapd.org/details_en.aspx?id=ON_ON20ADR05X.