Why Select Marshall Schnapp as Your Mediator?
With over a decade of experience as a litigator, mediator and arbitrator, I know when to push, when to hold back, and how to bring all parties forward to a successful conclusion.
Lawyers who use my services aren’t looking for a carrier pigeon to relay messages back and forth, they seek to settle cases in a cost-effective and timely way. My experience as an adjudicator, combined with my natural tenacity as a mediator, empowers me to get even the toughest cases moving again.
I am there when litigators need a mediator with the temperament to move cases toward resolution. They view me as an extension of their team.
- Since 2010 Marshall has Mediated over 2000 cases where he achieved a very high rate of settlement
- Experience as a litigator and knowledge of the law allows him to work proactively with the parties
- Passion for dispute resolution and proven ability to build rapport and connect with individuals, generate options and arrive at creative solutions
- Marshall is pleased to be practicing in association with Schmidt Mediation Group
What lawyers say about Marshall’s Mediation Abilities
- I have found Marshall capable and adept at facilitating settlement, often when resolution seemed out of reach. A significant skill of Marshall’s is that he achieves the right balance between pushing lawyers and their clients, but not beyond their point of comfort
- We used him recently on a successful global mediation (AB + tort). Marshall moved things along at a steady pace, which I think we all appreciated. I would definitely recommend Marshall for your upcoming mediation
- I recommend Marshall’s mediation and arbitration services, particularly for complex or difficult matters involving accident benefits disputes, given his extensive adjudication experience
- His many years of experience mediating and arbitrating cases means that he has not only honed his abilities but has the depth and breadth of knowledge to bring to the table. Lawyers will like him and clients will respect his views
- I was always pleased with his practical approach and ability to build rapport with all parties. He is a good listener to both sides of a dispute and was instrumental in achieving fair resolutions
- I am particularly impressed by Marshall’s ability to reconstruct and understand complicated issues. He has an exceptional knowledge base and is always well prepared. During mediation, he quickly identifies points of agreement and dispute, often using creative strategies to work towards resolution
Mediation Fee Schedule
For a two (2) party half-day mediation $850.00
(10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., or 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.)
* For each additional party $400.00
* For each additional hour $400.00
For a two (2) party full day mediation $3,800.00
(10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.)
* For each additional party $ 500.00
* For each additional hour $ 400.00
One hour telephone mediation offered daily from 8:30 am to 9:30 am – $350.00
* For each additional party $100.00
* For each additional hour $300.00
The fee charged includes all preparation and reporting time. The cost of facilities, catering if requested, or parking will be an additional charge. For travel requiring driving outside of Toronto, a kilometre charge will be applied. In circumstances where a flight is required, the actual flight cost will be charged. Any questions or concerns regarding charges should be addressed at the time of booking.
Cancellation Policy & Fees
A Mediation cancelled within 30 days, but more than seven (7) days prior to the mediation will be billed as follows:
- Telephone – no charge
- Half day $300.00
- Full day $1,200.00
A Mediation cancelled within seven (7) days of the mediation will be billed as follows:
- Telephone $250.00
- Half day $500.00
- Full day $1,750.00
A facility charge may also apply for cancellations. Cancellation requests must be in writing.
What Is Mediation?
- Mediation is a non-binding dispute resolution process
- The mediator has no power to make decisions or impose a settlement on the parties in the dispute
- The mediator helps facilitate discussions, assists the parties in understanding each other’s positions and works with the parties in reaching a settlement.
- Places the parties in control over settling the dispute and does not leave it to the Court/Arbitration
- Allows the parties to parties to collaborate on mutually acceptable settlement agreement
- Provides an early opportunity to discuss the issue and resolve the dispute before legal fees escalate
- Marshall conducts mediations throughout the province of Ontario. He provides 1/2 day and full day mediations.
- Experienced and comfortable mediating cases by telephone and online should the parties request